Monday, June 13, 2011

Res Ipsa--Creamy Goodness

If there were any fashion icons who truly encapsulate the happy side of my "Res Ipsa" category these days, they seem to be the Middletons.  Kate and Pippa alike seem to have thrust themselves in the style limelight, and 9 times out of 10... I ended up wiping a puddle of drool from the front of my computer.
Kate Middleton in a beautiful creamy Alexander McQueen coat
Alexander McQueen cotton and wool-blend pique coat
At a price tag of a whopping $2,691 and change, I can't even dream of saving enough money to splurge on something like that coat.  Super sigh.  While I am not sure I could pull off the products of high end milliners quite like the Duchess does, I do have my own penchant for ladylike style.  Below is my take on true sophistication with a hint of glamour.  Gold accents, when done well, are always welcome in my book.
Kate Spade Day 90 Ensemble
The crisp white Ilana blazer brings tailored poise to the outfit.  The Tromp L'oeil Lace Lola dress is a perfectly balanced sheath--with its understated shape, dramatic black and white contrast, and lovely lace print.  The shiny gold Burnside Avenue Metallic Lauralee crossbody/shoulder bag adds pop to the subtle black and white combination.  The oversized clip earrings add over-the-top sparkle, but the shape allows the look to remain demure.  Use your imagination when it comes to adding necklaces, a belt, or a brooch.  My friend T would likely enjoy an unexpected gold belt like this one--embellished with gold armadillos.  I am not sure how easy it will be to find a coordinating gold-colored coffee mug.  ;)  Who knew that Kate Spade would suddenly seem more in my range of attainability?  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment