Friday, August 27, 2010

Buster v. Bargain--Dots are Hot


Dots ARE hot... I will be the first to admit that I have an unhealthy adoration for polka dots.  I like them on tops, skirts, dresses, bags, headbands... you name it.  If I want to enjoy multiple items in this fun little print, I have to get them cheap.  When I opened the Nordstrom site this morning, this ever-so-cute Michael Kors Ruffle Front Silk Blouse beckoned me to splurge, despite the $80 price tag.  Then I remembered--I had a eerily similar looking print on a blouse I threw in my shopping bag the other day.  I logged on to my Forever21 wishlist... and voila!!  While the tops are not identical, you may find that Forever21's Sheer Dotted Top will do the trick in attaining the look of the Michael Kors version.  It is also hard to ignore the $15.80 steal.  If you pair it with a pencil skirt, a pair of peeptoe pumps, and throw on a brightly-colored yellow cardigan for the office, less discerning pairs of eyes may hardly notice the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment