Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall Friday Preview--Payless Bogo Sale

When I was a little kid, I remember hating it when my mom would drag me to Payless or Kohl's for new shoes.  At the time, it seemed like all the other little kids were donning the latest kicks by Nike or other nicer department stores.  I didn't appreciate the frugality back then, but now I do.  Payless has been doing a great job staying current with its line every season.  To be honest, I have not noticed too much of a quality drop in their products either.  Therefore, I take advantage of its BOGO sale ("Buy One Get One Half Off") quite often.  I have bought numerous pairs of different types of shoes: gladiator sandals, cage heels, dressy platform laser cut sandals, boots, and cute clutches for going out.  My shoes get abused in the various arenas I spend much of my time--during the commute or poking around in bars with dirty floors--and I get many compliments on my footwear despite the smaller price tag!  I'm not sure whether it's because I felt the first cool breeze this morning in several months, or the fact that I just love shoes... but I did pick up a few pairs of the items highlighted below.
Upon sending a link to the Lela Rose Chop-Out Suede Bootie to a dear friend of mine, she purchased them immediately in black.  I don't really blame her.  If they were available in my midget feet size, I would have snapped up a pair too!  The rich red shade of the Lela Rose Chop-Out Flat is perfect for the transition into fall weather.  You can wear them now with your summer whites and brights, but add them on top of tights for a pop of color as the temps cool down.  Again, Ms. Rose seems to discriminate against small feet, because all of her shoes start at size 6.  While I would have loved the hilarious challenge of me trying to patter around in the Fioni Kaput Platform Sandal (bottom left) in its black suede glory, my size was not in stock.  What the store did have in stock, I bought.  The fun purple suede Dexter Lilliana Ruffle Wedge also comes in black suede, and trust me--I was tempted to get both.  I love the regal look of the Fioni Infinity Rosette Pump.  I think they will look great with fall/winter apparel.  Last, but not least, I'm very excited for the arrival of my Fioni Ghillie Slingbacks.  Their design will lend well to many different outfits.  I was a little disturbed to find out that after my recent purchase of the above-mentioned items... I saw this as I was adding the hyperlinks to this post.

Lord have mercy.  They released another version of the Ghillie--the Fioni Jo Ghillie... in all its purple suede glory.  Is it too late to add something to my order?  Pretty please?

1 comment: