Friday, May 7, 2010

Thou Shalt Not--Wear Clogs


Yesterday, as one of my status messages on gchat, I had "Clogs.  I just don't get them.  They are so freakin' fugly."  This was a reaction to an email I received from Nordstrom, featuring none other than... the clog.  A friend of mine responded to my status message with, "Drain-o.  It works wonders."  I laughed pretty hard at the fact that he had no idea I was deriding a shoe, but maybe he's on to something... because I really wish I could just "Drain-o" away all clogs in existence.
I really, really HATE clogs.  They have come and gone in the trend beat a few times in my lifetime, but their fugly nature remains.  Why do I hold such disdain for clogs?  Well, if the fact that CROCS are an entirely rubber CLOG is not enough, then... well... just LOOK at them.  There is nothing attractive or appealing about a clog.  While I mean no disrespect to the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Lithuania, or Sweden, where clogs are seen as a form of national dress... OR the origins of the clog in some regions as a part of protective clothing for work in factories, mines, and farms... a positive fashion statement, they are not.  It blows my mind that people are willing to wear clunky wooden blocks as footwear--and think they look good.
Many of my kudos tally up to my favorite department mogul, Nordstrom, but today... I curse it for sending me an email highlighting the clog.  Double curses to some very well-known and expensive shoe designers (Seychelles, Stuart Weitzman, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, and Anthropologie) for creating such monstrosities.  Boooo on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment