Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cute Color Combo--Tame the Wild

With all this talk about the fall weather, and my excitement at its arrival now that we have officially passed from summer to autumn... my thoughts flickered to last winter.  YES.  The blizzard winter from hell.  While a lot of fashion/style posts have been inspired by the movement from the summer to fall season, the CCC today is almost a fall to winter color composition.  Call me crazy... but I think it's true.  I think it's because I will put off wearing a coat until it becomes absolutely unbearable without one covering my shivering shoulders.  We all know when that moment occurs--you get away with wearing a hoodie... or a thick sweater coat... and then BAM.  You head to work one morning, the knit layers are just not enough, and baaaaah--wool calls your name.
One item that I have been meaning to purchase for... approximately a decade... is a camel-colored winter coat.  WHY I have been unable to pull the trigger on this winter staple is beyond my comprehension.  I don't know if it's because all the available options I have seen were not in my size, outside my price range, or just not in an interesting enough style... I guess it's possible that my timing has been off for the last ten years... i mean let's be real--it wouldn't be the first time in my life that I utterly failed at making life events occur as seamlessly as possible.  In fact, I guess it seems pretty par for the course.
Alright--I guess I'll come clean about some other stuff... I bought those shoes from Endless a few weeks ago, and after staring at that coat all day... I bought that too.  I have some black dresses in my closet that will look pretty smashing in the outfit created above.  The only concern is the necklace... that necklace is quite perfect... hmmmm~ must. not. buy. necklace...
KUDOS FOR THIS OUTFIT GO TO:
*Etsy - Camel Double-Breasted Velvet Coat
*Nordstrom - Jax Twist Front Black Sheath Dress
*Endless - Vaneli Pouch Animal Print Sandals
*Nordstrom - Cara Accessories Crystal Bib Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment